MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Re: MySQL Replicaiton Slave Halts on Bulk insert from master
Posted by: Venkatesh Duggirala
Date: July 30, 2016 03:47AM

Hello Karthik,

If you could share some details, I would be be able diagnose the problem.

You did not mention what is the binlog_format you are using. The default of binlog_format is ROW in 5.7.10, So I will assume that you are using Row based format.

1) What is the bulk insert command that you executed on Master ? How many inserts it is doing?

2) Are you sure that slave halted ? Or is it that it is taking time to apply the bulk insert? If it is the bulk insert/batch operation looks slow on Slave , please consider setting slave_rows_search_algorithms depends on your requirement. More details about the variable can be found at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/replication-options-slave.html#option_mysqld_slave-rows-search-algorithms

3) Are there any local transactions on Slave that could have locked the table and SQL thread is waiting for that lock ? What is the SQL slave state in 'show slave status' command? Please give the 'show slave status' output on Slave for me to give more information on the same.

4) Are you able to reproduce the issue every time ? If so, please raise a bug in bugs.mysql.com with all the possible information to reproduce the issue,
We will look into it.

Regards,
Venkatesh.

Senior Principal Member Technical Staff
MySQL Replication Developer
Oracle-Bangalore

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: MySQL Replicaiton Slave Halts on Bulk insert from master
July 30, 2016 03:47AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.