MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Re: replicate two standalone databases to the same slave
Posted by: Rick James
Date: October 19, 2016 11:18PM

"I would like to replicate two databases from two different instances to the same slave." -- Only with "multi-source replication", which is available with newer versions of MySQL and MariaDB. But there is another problem -- you must first get a copy of the db before setting up replication.

"replicate-wild-do-table=DB1.%" -- I have heard of using the % in the table name; I don't know if it extends the db.tbl syntax you specify.

"I want to rebuild this slave to reduce the ibddata1" -- I am lost. First it sounds like you are creating a new slave; not it sounds like you have an existing, bloated, slave.

You can STOP SLAVE for any length of time, dump, remove ibdata1, reload, etc. Then START SLAVE. Unless you have lost some binlogs, replication will 'catch up' soon.

Back up a step -- Please explain the ultimate _goal_, without specifying _how_ to achieve the goal.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: replicate two standalone databases to the same slave
October 19, 2016 11:18PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.