MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Replication problem between 4.0.20 (MASTER) and 5.0.18(SLAVE)
Posted by: Scott Spearman
Date: January 20, 2006 09:26AM

We're having replication issues between a master running 4.0.20 and a slave on 5.0.18.

The IO thread will run just fine, but the SQL thread keeps reporting syntax errors in the queries that come across. Here's an example:

Last_Error: Error 'Unknown table 'CurrentMeal' in MULTI DELETE' on query. Default database: 'Dietary'. Query: 'DELETE Dietary.CurrentMeal FROM Dietary.CurrentMeal C, ADT.Visit where C.Account = Visit.Account and DischargeDt > '0000-00-00''

After playing around with it, I've found that version 4 wants the query in the form listed above, while version 5 wants it like this:

'DELETE C FROM Dietary.CurrentMeal C, ADT.Visit where C.Account = Visit.Account and DischargeDt > '0000-00-00''

Is there any way to run 5 and ask it to allow version 4 syntax? I know I can use a --slave-skip-errors=1109 and then watch the logs, but I'd really rather have this automatically work. Is there a program I can use to edit the incomming relay logs (after the Slave dies) to change the format of the query to something that 5 will accept?

Any ideas or suggestions on this?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Replication problem between 4.0.20 (MASTER) and 5.0.18(SLAVE)
January 20, 2006 09:26AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.