MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

[MySQL CE 5.54] Replication always stopping at 2:30am
Posted by: Markus Bauer
Date: February 28, 2017 02:45AM

Hi guys,

so i'm having this interesting issue:

I have a master-slave setup running and for some unexplainable reason it stops everyday at more or less precisely 2:30am (or at least that's where the mysql_general.log shows the last commit). I'm using row-based replication and my databases are a mix of myisam and innodb.

show slave status \G is showing no errors, just an ever increasing "seconds behind master" value. I've monitoring on the server and interestingly enough it shows a very obvious thing happening on the LV that the database resides on:

During regular hours when replication is working i have a consistent amount of writes per second - as one would expect - but right at 2:30 it suddenly stops. Instead it starts generating massive (in relation to the average value) reads. Mysqld.log and slow log show no errors.

I've checked for the obvious sources like cronjobs/backups running but neither of those seem to be in place (crontabs and /etc/cron.daily are clean - only logrotate and mlocate and backup for the slave has been disabled)

Does anybody have any suggestions where i could look next/what the possible source of this issue could be?

Thanks already.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
[MySQL CE 5.54] Replication always stopping at 2:30am
February 28, 2017 02:45AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.