MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Group Replication On Windows wont start. Error 3092
Posted by: IGG t
Date: March 20, 2017 08:28AM

I have installed 3 fresh instances of MySQL 5.7.17 on my local PC, I have done nothing beyond initializing and logging in to them (changing the root password). I use the same password and process on all three databases.

I then followed the instructions in http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/group-replication.html to set up Group replication.
e.g. in the my.ini file I added:
[mysqld]
datadir=c:/mysql/1/data/
basedir=c:/mysql/1/
port=3306

# Replication configuration parameters
server_id=1
gtid_mode=ON
enforce_gtid_consistency=ON
master_info_repository=TABLE
relay_log_info_repository=TABLE
binlog_checksum=NONE
log_slave_updates=ON
log_bin=binlog
binlog_format=ROW

# Group Replication configuration
transaction_write_set_extraction=XXHASH64
loose-group_replication_group_name="aaaaaaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaa"
loose-group_replication_start_on_boot=off
loose-group_replication_local_address= "127.0.0.1:33061"
loose-group_replication_group_seeds= "127.0.0.1:33061,127.0.0.1:33062,127.0.0.1:33063"
loose-group_replication_bootstrap_group= off

I then start group replication as follows:

SET SQL_LOG_BIN=0;
CREATE USER rpl_user@'%';
GRANT REPLICATION SLAVE ON *.* TO rpl_user@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'rpl_pass';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
SET SQL_LOG_BIN=1;

CHANGE MASTER TO MASTER_USER='rpl_user', MASTER_PASSWORD='rpl_pass' FOR CHANNEL 'group_replication_recovery';

SET GLOBAL group_replication_bootstrap_group=ON;
START GROUP_REPLICATION;
SET GLOBAL group_replication_bootstrap_group=OFF;

SELECT * FROM performance_schema.replication_group_members;

CREATE DATABASE test;
use test;
CREATE TABLE t1 (c1 INT PRIMARY KEY, c2 TEXT NOT NULL);
INSERT INTO t1 VALUES (1, 'Luis');
SELECT * FROM t1;

So far so good. I then repeat the process on database 2. (changing the paths `c:/mysql/2/`, `server_id=2`, and the ports to `3307` and `33062`).

I then restart the database, and run through the process to start group replication (exactly the same as above, but without setting the `group_replication_bootstrap_group=ON`).

But, instead of starting, I get an error:

Error Code: 3092. The server is not configured properly to be an active member of the group. Please see more details on error log.

Looking in the error log it says:

[ERROR] Plugin group_replication reported: 'This member has more executed transactions than those present in the group. Local transactions: 920e25d9-0d5f-11e7-8b3f-c85b768dc0db:1 > Group transactions: 7f04cd86-0d5f-11e7-963c-c85b768dc0db:1,
aaaaaaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaa:1-4'

If I subsequently set `group_replication_allow_local_disjoint_gtids_join option=true` then it starts ok. But that seems to defeat the point.

Am I missing something here? Have I misunderstood, or is this potentially a BUG, or a documentation error?

I tried again on database 3, and got the same error.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Group Replication On Windows wont start. Error 3092
March 20, 2017 08:28AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.