MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

setting up replication etc
Posted by: ian diddams
Date: November 28, 2019 04:29AM

I've inherited several MySQL DB servers (v5.7) two of which are a master-slave relationship. I'm happy enough with how that configuration works.

These DBs have a few dozen schemas on them.

I have to perform a failover on them such that current slave becomes live and vice versa, then reset replication appropriately.

Having broken slave, and pointed everything needed at the new master server I now need to set the new slave up with replication.

Normally Id dump any schemas needed on master and import them on slave (locking tables etc first and noting master status etc etc). However Id rather have one job lot dump on master for this rather than several dozen individual schemas.

mysqldump -root -p --alldatabases > all_databases.sql

would do the job... but that would obviously also dump the "system" DBs - MySQL, sys, performance_schema, information_schema too. So the slave would then get those schemas imported also.

Is that correct? If not what would a suitable dump command be to dump all the schemas except any I should NOT be importing subsequently?

cheers

ian

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
setting up replication etc
November 28, 2019 04:29AM
November 28, 2019 11:18AM
December 02, 2019 10:08AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.