MySQL Forums :: Synchronization :: Syncing Offline db with online db

Advanced Search

Syncing Offline db with online db
Posted by: Glen ()
Date: March 11, 2010 10:38AM

Hi folks,

I hope that this is the right forum for this topic. I have been asked to create a web site for a client which is database driven, using PHP and MySQL. My client wishes to have an in-house/offline database where they store all of their information and have a subset of that information available on their web site. The database would contain primarily text information but there may be binary information (images) if that's possible. They don't want to have to maintain two databases though (offline and online), they would like to update their in-house/offline database and then use that same data to update their online database.

1) Is this possible?
2) Is there a certain offline database that you would recommend (IE. MS-Access etc)?
3) How would I connect the offline and online database so that they can exchange information?
4) How would the synchronization process take place?
5) Can that synchronization include text and binary data?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Syncing Offline db with online db 11988 Glen 03/11/2010 10:38AM
Re: Syncing Offline db with online db 7047 Dmitry Narizhnykh 03/11/2010 03:05PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.