MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Synchronization

Sync 6000 specific tables with 15GB of data to a target database
Posted by: Steve Wayne
Date: November 28, 2010 12:32AM

Hello,

Maybe someone can help me with this. I manage a database with about 7000 tables and about 18 GB of data. Out of the 6000 tables, the biggest tables have up to a million records. I have a test environment and a live environment. Currently, I do data imports on the test environment, and when the imports are inspected and deemed correct, I then do a sqldump with a php script to get 6000 specific tables and dump them to the live server. Then I import this data on the live server.

I think this is a pretty clunky way to do it as the sqldump takes about an 30 minutes and the import takes about 3 hrs during which time, the server is slowed down a bit.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to click a button that would copy just the delta between the 6000 tables on the test and the 6000 target tables on the live machine and also create any new tables that I specify on the live that were newly created on the test since the last update.

What is the best way to do this?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Sync 6000 specific tables with 15GB of data to a target database
November 28, 2010 12:32AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.