MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Synchronization

Mirrored MySQL server for small retail environment
Posted by: Nasi Chassoulas
Date: February 08, 2016 05:52AM

Hi all,

First time post, I hope I have posted in the correct place, if not, please feel free to move it.

I am looking to upgrade my current Point of Sale server to something a bit more stable and redundant. My POS software uses a MySQL database currently running off a Windows 7 PC (my POS vendor only uses Windows) which occasionally gives some issues. I try to use Linux (mostly Ubuntu) as much as possible, so would like my new server to be Linux based.

I would like some guidance on how to set up the linux server with some type of sync or mirroring of the database so that in case of failure, the workstations will be pointed to a backup database. I am not sure if it is worth using the workstations as the backup devices. As you can tell, I am mildly computer literate and have little issue with using terminals and commands, but I am very new to MySQL and database management.

I look forward to your replies.

Thanks,
Nasi

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Mirrored MySQL server for small retail environment
February 08, 2016 05:52AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.