MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Synchronization

synching two databases
Posted by: Fabricio Rodriguez
Date: May 27, 2016 02:17AM

Hi

We have two servers, both running Windows Server 2012 R2, both on the same LAN/office.
On each, we have a MySQL database (identical in both) using InnoDB tables.

Basically the servers receive lat/long data from GPS trackers out in the field.

Normally only one server is operational (i.e. receiving the tracking data and logging this data to the database) and the other is just there for backup.

We'd like to keep the two databases synchronises, so that if one goes down, the other one takes over. However, once the server that went down is up and running again, it should sync and receive all updates/inserts/deletes that were missed while it was down.

I've looked at MASTER-MASTER replication, but as far as I understand, both servers have to be running for commits to work? I.e. It will only commit an update/insert/delete once it has been able to perform this on both servers. If the one server is down, neither server will be updated... is this correct?

What are my options to keep both servers synchronized, even while one is down? (i.e. that they re-synchronize once the broken server is fixed).

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
synching two databases
May 27, 2016 02:17AM
May 27, 2016 06:13PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.