MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Backup

Hot Backup on Community Edition
Posted by: Ben Sewell
Date: February 18, 2011 06:46AM

Planning on using MySQL for a Alfresco project. Backups of content stores are in place but the backup of the MySQL database is a bit unclear.

If i run a backup of the MySQL backup this will surely stop users from updating the system? I'm trying to implement a backup with as little downtime as possible. I've heard of the InnoDB component and this looks like it would work but its not part of the community edition.

Will clustering get around this problem so having 2 * MySQL servers and then when the master server is taken down for maintenace the secondary server collects all requests until the primary server is back up and then do a syncchronise of all changed content? I'll test this scenario out first but was wondering if you had any experiences of doing this kind of thing wihtout using the enterprise edition or whether there is a better options than clustering.

The Alfresco Forum post link is below if you want more information:
http://forums.alfresco.com/en/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37370

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2011 06:47AM by Ben Sewell.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Hot Backup on Community Edition
February 18, 2011 06:46AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.