MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Backup

MYSQLDUMP failure Couldn't execute 'SHOW TRIGGERS LIKE ... (Errcode: 13)
Posted by: Martin OShea
Date: August 10, 2013 03:35PM

Hello

Twice today a backup of my database schema using MYSQLDUMP has failed. The instruction set for the backup was:

"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\bin\mysqldump" databaseSchema -u root --password=rootPassword > c:\backups\daily\databaseSchema.dump

Both backups were logged so I was able to record the failures as follows:

mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SHOW TRIGGERS LIKE '\_dm\_10730\_856956\_30072013\_1375194514706\_keyword\_frequencies'':
Error on delete of 'C:\Windows\TEMP\#sql67c_10_8c5.MYI' (Errcode: 13) (6)

mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SHOW TRIGGERS LIKE '\_dm\_12411\_715721\_10082013\_1376138981658\_keyword\_frequencies'':
Table 'C:\Windows\TEMP\#sql1044_9_1c69' is read only (1036))

I can accept that MYSQLDUMP makes use of the temp folder on a server running 64bit Windows 7 PC with 8 Gb of memory. But can anyone tell me why these errors arise?

Is it a MYSQLDUMP error or is it to do with authorities on the server? Trend AntiVirus is running on the server as well.

What can be done to correct the matter?

I notice that some websites suggest increasing the open_files_limit in MYSQL: on my server this is set to 7048, but I have not tried changing this yet.

My database has several thousand tables totalling about 12Gb. Most of these tables are quite small with only about 1500 records, and others have only have 150 - 200 records. The column counts of these tables can be in the hundreds though because of the frequency data stored. None of this has ever caused a performance issue though.

I should add that the database is in use during the backup.

I notice that workbench has an 'Export to dump project folder' where each table is saved as a text file. I am using this manually because of the failures described above. Can this be automated as part of MYSQLDUMP?

Thanks

Martin O'Shea.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2013 12:31PM by Martin OShea.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MYSQLDUMP failure Couldn't execute 'SHOW TRIGGERS LIKE ... (Errcode: 13)
August 10, 2013 03:35PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.