MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Backup

Relocate the binary-log to a second Windows machine
Posted by: M. G.
Date: November 23, 2009 06:28AM

Dear backup folks,
Our MySQL server runs on a Win-XP machine. We are trying to relocate our binary-logs to another Windows machine on a Microsoft network. Isn't the whole point of recovery to have the backup files available even in the event of hardware disk failure?
I tried to set the "log-bin=" entry in "my.ini" to "//snowflake/backup/MySQL_buckup/bin_log". (Please note the forward slashes in the path, following the UNIX style in INI files.) I also copied the whole collection of bin-log.nnnnnn files, including the bin_log.index one to the new location.
After stopping the mysqld server, we weren’t able to restart the service, with error in the machine_name.err file:
 File '\\snowflake\backup\MySQL_buckup\bin_log.index' not found (Errcode: 13)
091123 14:26:10 [ERROR] Aborting
(Please note the back slashes now!) But the file is there!
I even tried to map the target directory as (a local) mapped drive. No luck! This time the same message but Errcode: 2)
Restoring the previous setting (deleting the path part) started the service with no problem, as always!
Any suggestions?

Regards,
Meir

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2009 07:05AM by M. G..

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Relocate the binary-log to a second Windows machine
November 23, 2009 06:28AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.