MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Backup

Merging some data from many diffirent databases
Posted by: JP Sinden
Date: May 04, 2012 12:26AM

Hi All,

New to this forum.
I'm sitting with the laborious task to fix an existing MySQL Point of Sales (POS) system and currently I have a couple of questions and I need some ideas on optimisation.

Short history of how it's working at the moment:
On daily basis, as soon as the POS system is shut down, the user creates a backup (a full DB dump), that is places on dropbox and pops up on the reporting server side. From here a biblical amount of scheduled tasks and batch files run to populate a Reporting DB from where reporting is done on a collaboration of all sales made by all shops involved.

Basically what I need is a way to scale this opperation as more and more shops are coming on board.

I like the idea that we can keep full backups of each shop database, but writing a report to pull data from each of the databases would be lose to impossible.

So, here are my questions:
1. Is there a way of having MySQL do incrimental backups, i.e. only backup and send data that changed since last backup?
2. How can I pull all relevant data from each of the (potential 600) databases into one reporting database on a daily basis so I can report on a daily, weekly and monthly basis?

I hope all this makes sense and any ideas and input will be appreciated

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Merging some data from many diffirent databases
May 04, 2012 12:26AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.