MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Backup

Re: Need help with a backup plan
Posted by: Dave S
Date: November 07, 2012 12:32AM

Your mockery of my measly 100MB zipped backup is actually quite comforting :) I'll look in other threads too, but it sounds like 2.2M rows isn't a scary number?

So in thinking about this some more, I began wondering if there isn't some type of backup process somewhere for mySQL that can do either mysqldump, or SELECT INTO ... but do it in chunks, somewhat slowly? For example, if you had 1000 rows in a table, it could use SELECT INTO to grab 100 rows at a time, then pause, do that again some amount of time later on the next 100, etc. Does something like that exist?

One thing for sure I'm going to do, on the application code side which I understand a lot better, is make some changes to the retry-on-failure logic, which I need to do anyway, and give whatever backup process I end up with a little more breathing room.

Thanks for the comments,
Dave

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
November 05, 2012 12:17PM
November 05, 2012 12:25PM
November 06, 2012 11:18PM
Re: Need help with a backup plan
November 07, 2012 12:32AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.