MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Backup

Re: Windows GUI Backup/Restore Tool
Posted by: Andrew Bienhaus
Date: November 02, 2017 07:37PM

Thanks Peter, I will check into phpMyAdmin.

My reasoning is pretty simple... I don't pretend to understand what command line options I need, don't need, or how I would ever go about doing a table restore, for example.

On the old workbench, I selected the DBs on the server, all tables please, where to put the backup file, and when to run it. Done. The server did the rest, and the offline backup picked up the new SQL file each night. :)

The few times I had a table go corrupt on me (count on my left hand, credit to mysql in 11 years!)... I was able to browser to the backup file, drill to the DB, drill to the table, select it, and then be presented with all the options for the restore.

As I hinted... a great sysadmin, non-dba, toolset. :)

I have looked for a page, blog, or other doc that would spell out the basics of how to do this simply from scripts... but everyone seems to get lost in the details, rather than saying:
"Wanna get everything, and know you'll have a good restore? Use this: ..."

:)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
October 25, 2017 06:49AM
October 25, 2017 09:42AM
Re: Windows GUI Backup/Restore Tool
November 02, 2017 07:37PM
November 02, 2017 08:59PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.