MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Security

verifyServerCertificate - is not working
Posted by: Jithethner Sin
Date: July 12, 2014 12:03PM

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to verify the subject name of the server certificate and I have only the CA Certificate of the server.

equivalent of --ssl-verify-server-cert

When I specify verifyServerCertificate=true in the following connection string : Irrespective of the subject name in the server certificate, its connecting to database. Can some one tell me how should I change this to verify the subject name ? :(

jdbc:mysql://jithethner.sin.hostname:3306/INFORMATION_SCHEMA?socketTimeout=10000&connectTimeout=10000&useSSL=true&verifyServerCertificate=true&trustCertificateKeyStoreUrl=file:/tmp/cacert.jks&trustCertificateKeyStoreType=JKS&trustCertificateKeyStorePassword=keystorepwd, properties: {user=username, password=password}

I gave clientCertificateKeyStore* instead of trustCertificateKeyStore*, because in the description of verifyServerCertificate, it said use clientCertificateKeyStore* properties. Then its showed some error like TrustManagerFactorImpl not initialized. Thank you for any help !!!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
verifyServerCertificate - is not working
July 12, 2014 12:03PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.