MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Security

Connect mySQL securly using remote connection (Windows 2008)
Posted by: Manoj Amin
Date: January 17, 2010 08:57PM

Hi,
I am new to mySQL and I was wondering what will be the most reliable and easiest way to implement remote connection to mySQL server securly.

I have One Windows server 2008 install MySQL and Webserver (IIS7). I have a UPS shipping application appliction which connects to remove mySQL server remotely and I like to make this connection securely instead of sending it in plain text.

I was thinking that SSH will be the way to go but I am having lot of issues. Here is what i have already tried without success.

1) Installed OpenSSH server on same server as mySQL and having issue with starting OpenSSH sever. Gave up on this software
2) Installed FreeSSHd and it worked one time and point and now it is giving me "access denied" error or sometime disconnects the connection. It aprears that this software is not reliable.

Please let me know what will be the best way to make Remote connection to MySQL. I am open to SSH, SSL, or any other method as long as it is reliable and scalable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2010 08:58PM by Manoj Amin.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Connect mySQL securly using remote connection (Windows 2008)
January 17, 2010 08:57PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.