MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Security

GRANT issue
Posted by: Razvan Mihaiu
Date: December 08, 2005 09:32AM

Hello,

I run the following commands in order to grant some privileges to a certain users. Firstly, I create the users:

INSERT INTO user (host, user, password, select_priv, insert_priv, update_priv) VALUES ('localhost', 'razvan', PASSWORD('testpass1'), 'Y', 'Y', 'Y');

INSERT INTO user (host, user, password, select_priv, insert_priv, update_priv) VALUES ('localhost', 'razvan_vb', PASSWORD('testpass1'), 'Y', 'Y', 'Y');

Then I run the GRANT commands:

GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP ON advancedpoll.* TO razvan@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'testpass1';

GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP ON vb1.* TO razvan_vb@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'testpass1';

The INSERTs are OK, so is the first GRANT operation. However, the second GRANT operation *fails*:

ERROR 1133 (42000): Can't find any matching row in the user table

I determined that any user that has a prefix of 'razvan' fails !!! For example, if the second user is called 'user1' everything is OK. Is this normal behavior ?

I am using MySql 4.1.15.

Regards,
Razvan

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
GRANT issue
December 08, 2005 09:32AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.