MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Security

Re: Centrify PAM Authentication fails with 'Failed to set user credentials'
Posted by: Georgi Kodinov
Date: February 07, 2014 08:52AM

From the PAM debug output that you've posted it seems like the PAM plugin is set up and operating properly.

It seems to be the PAM configuration and the pam modules that need further attention.

pam_authenticate() passes with rc=0.
That's good. This means your authenticatication path in your PAM definition is good.
But it fails with error code 17 (PAM_CRED_ERR) in pam_setcred(PAM_ESTABLISH_CRED).
This means that either your pam configuration is not set up to deal with sessions, or that the pam module you're using to deal with sessions is underconfigured.

Indeed your trace above confirms this via the "INFO AUDIT_TRAIL|Centrify Suite|PAM|1.0|201|PAM set credentials denied" line.

I'm by no means an experienced PAM admin, nor do I have any knowledge on the Centrify products to know what his means.
So there's little I can do about this error.

But you'll need to understant what causes Centrify to produce it.

Since the PAM plugin is a commercial plugin I'm sure your support representative will gladly help you with this too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2014 08:55AM by Georgi Kodinov.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Centrify PAM Authentication fails with 'Failed to set user credentials'
February 07, 2014 08:52AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.