MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Security

suggestions for online database w/ user contact info
Posted by: Chris Bassett
Date: September 16, 2014 08:03AM

Need some advice on having a web-accessible database with user contact information....

So, I need to develop a database that can allow users to enter their contact info online and then store that information in the database (its basically a product registration system).

My concern is this: what is the best way to secure this database or keep it secure. Unfortunately, I have to host this on our website, which is a shared hosting account with a major web host ( we don't have the on-site computing resources to host our own database server or I would).

What would people recommend to help protect against hacking, and unauthorized access? I had considered encrypting the entire database (or rather, all data in the database itself--not neccesarily the database structure). Any other ideas?

(Sorry if this question doesn't fit here--move it whereever it should be located--I figured it was somewhat security related.)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
suggestions for online database w/ user contact info
September 16, 2014 08:03AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.