MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Security

mySQL exploit??!?
Posted by: clinton jensen
Date: December 28, 2004 04:11PM

hi there... this is my first time on here and it seems like the logical place to bring it up. our website (www.perreaux.com) got hacked on Christmas day (what a present huh). entire site was deleted except for the nice little message "rooted by frostx".

upon doing a search there are a couple of other unfortunate sites out there who suffered the same fate, but had differing messages which eluded to a MySQL exploit. does anybody know of this and how i can make our site more secure against future attacks??

here is a forum which suffered (http://trumpf-10.rz.uni-mannheim.de/~kredel/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5) unfortunately a few of the other sites have been restored already. ours is also in the process of being restored, so may be fixed by time you get around to looking at it.

i am currently unable to inform you of the MySQL version that our web hosts are running, but will keep you posted.

any help would be much appreciated

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
mySQL exploit??!?
December 28, 2004 04:11PM
January 04, 2005 06:22PM
January 28, 2005 10:40AM
February 24, 2005 07:05PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.