MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Administrator

Weird mySQL script/backup restoration problem on phpMyAdmin
Posted by: Raymond Saliba
Date: July 23, 2009 12:40AM

Hi there, I am using Plesk on my companys account, from Plesk I use MySQL version 5.0.45 and phpMyAdmin version 2.8.2.4.

I have an sql backup file/script automatically done for me by 'mySQL Administrator'. And on this phpMyAdmin I have a user account and a database with the same name already set up, the database has not tables yet because I want them to be generated by my backup file.

The problem occurs here; When I go to phpMyAdmin and into the 'Import' tab, I browse for my backup file and press the 'Go' button to restore the database.
And the following error appears:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Definition of table "apmsystemdb"."tblbannerlanguages"
--
CREATE TABLE "apmsystemdb". "tblbannerlanguages"(
"fLanguageName"varchar( 80 ) NOT NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY ( "fLanguageName" )
) TYPE = InnoDB;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '"apmsystemdb"."tblbannerlanguages" (
"fLanguageName" varchar(80) NOT NULL,
P' at line 1
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any idea why this is happening pls ? cause I'm really confused, the exact same script has worked on my goDaddy.com account, but on this one its giving me these errors... :( .

Also are there any guidelines or steps to follow once a person creates a backup file from 'mySQL Administrator' and wants it to be compatable with phpMyAdmin so that it uploads and restores the databse data without any problems ?

NOTE: I removed the DROP TABLE IF EXISTS statements from my script file as these also were generating erros, don't know why....

ALSO: if you'd like that I upload the whole script on here just ask me :)

Thank you for your help people,
RS

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Weird mySQL script/backup restoration problem on phpMyAdmin
July 23, 2009 12:40AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.