MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Administrator

select into outfile works in 32bit, not in 64bit
Posted by: Martin Sloan
Date: February 09, 2011 10:25AM

I'm hoping someone else has run into this problem and found a solution. I've inherited a number of MySQL 5.1.x installations on various servers, and a bunch of code that moves data to a central server by dumping and loading text files. I've moved 2 servers to 64bit installations of MySQL, and now the code that used to work does not. Here is an example statement:

select * from mytable into outfile '\\\\myfilesvr\\share\\myoutfile.sql' FIELDS ESCAPED BY '\N';

This command works on the 32bit installations, but fails on the 64bit installations with the following error:

MySQL Database Error: Field separator argument is not what is expected; check the manual

I've checked configuration settings between them, but there doesn't seem to be anything significantly different other than file/buffer sizes and the like. Running the statement also creates the file in the appropriate location, however the file is empty, so this is not an access/permission issue with the target file.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
select into outfile works in 32bit, not in 64bit
February 09, 2011 10:25AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.