MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Administrator

Mysql 5.1 server becomes too slow after 3-4 days of running
Posted by: A. Coredump
Date: February 08, 2012 06:30AM

Hello. I have a mysql 5.1 server on debian linux.
Here is \s output:

--------------
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.49, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 6.1

Connection id: 36812
Current database:
Current user: root@localhost
SSL: Not in use
Current pager: most
Using outfile: ''
Using delimiter: ;
Server version: 5.1.49-3-log (Debian)
Protocol version: 10
Connection: Localhost via UNIX socket
Server characterset: utf8
Db characterset: utf8
Client characterset: latin1
Conn. characterset: latin1
UNIX socket: /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
Uptime: 22 min 8 sec

Threads: 67 Questions: 1065060 Slow queries: 0 Opens: 11390 Flush tables: 1 Open tables: 11363 Queries per second avg: 802.3
--------------

So, this is after restart, everything ok and it runs pretty smooth. But after a few days i getting a very big problem with it - server becomes very slow, load averenge grows up and only restart helps. After restart it working about 4 - 7 days ok, and the problem returns.
As i see, the problem not in some questions from some users, but it's in some mysql settings or server setup. The issue not im memory usage, because when it starts to be slow, i have about 1G of free memory, and IO is not very big also (for SAS raid).
So any ideas what i must to look on to find the couse of the problem and a solution.
Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Mysql 5.1 server becomes too slow after 3-4 days of running
February 08, 2012 06:30AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.