MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Administrator

live update text document from database
Posted by: Jacob Silverman
Date: March 04, 2013 10:19PM

Hello, I want to live update a text document, in my case presentation slides, from a database of financial information. The purpose is for a business plan, when my metrics change I do not want to have to manually update my presentation slides, I want to just change them in the database and have them auto-update in the slides. Initially I considered MS PPT with integrated MS EXCEL tables however it is an imperfect solution because I not only want to integrate tables but also individual numbers (such as percentage values) in the body of text. I imagine this is impossible in MS but perhaps there is a hack I can use with MySQL and LATEX since they are more versatile softwares (in my opinion). Can anyone explain how to do this with MySQL and LATEX software? Or MS PPT with EXCEL and/or other software combinations? Many thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
live update text document from database
March 04, 2013 10:19PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.