MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Administrator

Action to take when MySQL is too busy to respond (even accept a new connection)?
Posted by: Bill Joyce
Date: February 16, 2017 04:47PM

This has happened a couple times now. A MySQL instance (it's actually Amazon Aurora) gets very heavy load - so heavy that I can't even connect to it to see what's running and kill a likely rogue query. The error I eventually get when this happens is "Lost connection to MySQL server at 'waiting for initial communication packet', system error: 10060.

I have connected to this instance numerous times from MySQL Workbench, and if I restart the MySQL instance I'll be able to connect again.

Somehow I can't find a recommendation after a few minutes of search. Most 10060 errors seem to be more firewall issues. But surely there's a way to allow an admin login in this scenario to surgically fix the server without a much more invasive restart?

Thanks,
Bill

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Action to take when MySQL is too busy to respond (even accept a new connection)?
February 16, 2017 04:47PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.