MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Administrator

Re: ERROR 1033 (HY000): Incorrect information in file
Posted by: Boyd Hemphill
Date: November 18, 2008 10:52AM

I just encountered this problem after increasing the size of my innodb logs.

Here are some comments that may add up to a bug over time:

Version 5.0.45

1. I stopped MySQL
2. I changed the size of the innodb logs
3. I started MySQL (service mysqld start on Centos 5)

First problem
The startup failed and appeared to die after the creating of the first log. The message was that it timed out. It is interesting to note there was nothing in the error log.

Second problem
I repeat the action (service mysqld start). The second log is now there, and the server starts up. I log in and show databases. All is right and good in the world. I select * from an innodb table and "poof" I get the 1033 error.

Solution (not a very good one)
On a hunch I reboot the server. I then start mysql (service mysqld start) and viola .. all is truly right and good in the world.

The hunch I had was that the innodb dictionary was cached in memory and that restarting the server would completely clear it out.

I have successfully changed the size of my logs on two different hosts this way now. I am not sure it is a bug b/c my experience here is light and I am may be missing some esoteric step. So, if you experience the same thing, please consider a bug report.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: ERROR 1033 (HY000): Incorrect information in file
November 18, 2008 10:52AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.