MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Administrator

Re: from phpMyAdmin to MySQL Administrator
Posted by: Owley Baseman
Date: March 14, 2009 07:32AM

MySQL Administrator compatibility with phpMyAdmin exports?

(I have not used MySQL Administrator yet, need to be sure about this before starting.)

On a shared hosting environment where it is not allowed or possible to let users log in to only one database at a time using phpMyAdmin, I need to provide that option to other people without having to give them full access to the whole account.

Therefore, I am considering using MySQL Administrator for those people that I want to give access only to one database.

However, that is only relevant if the exports are 100% compatible, as I would have to be able to restore databases and/or single tables exported through both phpMyAdmin and MySQL Administrator, with any of those tools.

The options I normally use when making manual backups in phpMyAdmin:
- complete inserts
- extended inserts
- sometimes "if not exist" also, but not critical

a) Can I be sure that the exports are completely compatible?

b) Would they seem identical if doing a text file comparison?

c) Are there any special settings in MySQL Administrator that I need to know about and use beyond standard configuration, to ensure they are compatible?

PS. I am aware of the following..: "16.3.2. Output File Options"
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/administrator/en/mysql-administrator-backup-advanced-options-output-options.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2009 07:35AM by Owley Baseman.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: from phpMyAdmin to MySQL Administrator
March 14, 2009 07:32AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.