MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Administrator

Number of "Questions" significantly higher than "Queries"
Posted by: Michael Moench
Date: March 19, 2009 06:12AM

Hi, I'm running MySQL 5.1.31 and have a lot of load on my server. The MySQL-Administrator (the GUI-Tool) says I have about 54 Queries per second. But when I'm using the mysqladmin (console tool) it says that I had about 8891356499 questions since my server started. So I calculated the delta of the questions and ended up with about 160000 questions per second. Which would mean that each of my SQL-Queries has about 2900 questions...

Is there some info about what exactly a question is? Is one question simply one internal read/write operation?

And it is additionally confusing that when I'm running the "status" command of mysqladmin it says "questions" and when I'm running the "extended-status" command the same value is called "queries" and questions is some other value I don't know. Does anyone know if there is some information out there about what exactly these values mean?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Number of "Questions" significantly higher than "Queries"
March 19, 2009 06:12AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.