MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MySQL Administrator

Re: MySQL Server ERROR
Posted by: Ronan Cashell
Date: October 29, 2012 01:43AM

MySQL offers a few ways of connecting to the server, TCP connectivity and socket connectivity (on Linux/UNIX only). You are selecting socket connectivity. In a socket connection it uses a file which is created when the MySQL server starts to make the connection. The client uses the socket file to connect.

The error you get often occurs when either the MySQL server has shutdown and the socket file has been removed or if still exists cannot connect to the server OR the socket file that the client is attempting to connect with does not match the socket file created when the server started.

I would check that the server is up and running. I would check in the /etc/my.cnf or /etc/mysql/my.cnf files to check the location of where the socket file is being created and whether this matched with the file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock which is being used by the client.

Ronan Cashell
Senior Oracle/MySQL Administrator
IT Integrated Business Solutions
http://www.it-iss.com

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
October 25, 2012 10:26PM
Re: MySQL Server ERROR
October 29, 2012 01:43AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.