Strange error log issues
Posted by: Warren Prince
Date: May 09, 2019 03:56PM

I'm having difficulty with a query from a remote server. I have verified that the query appears in the general.log but the table never changes. Consequently, I went to my error log to track down the issue. This is an 18.0.15 server with log_error set to /var/lib/mysql, Log_error_verbosity = 3 and log_error_services are the default log_filter_internal and log_sink_internal.

My issue is that while /var/log/mysql/error.log exists, it is empty. There is also a /var/log/error.log.1 which is collecting data. The log contains only aborted connections. /var/log/mysql and all its contents are owned by mysql:mysql. I don't understand why:
A. the log's name is error.log.1 (could it be logrotate ?)
B. there is no information pertaining to the query that I know is failing.

FWIW, the query is: INSERT INTO `unknown_callers` (`phone_number`,`attempts`,`updated_at`) VALUES ( EnDash('<phone number is here>'), 1, now()) ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `attempts` = `attempts` + 1, `updated_at` = now() ; EnDash is a function that formats the phone number. There is a unique index on phone_number and id is the primary key.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Strange error log issues
May 09, 2019 03:56PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.