replication missing data recovery help
Posted by: Andrew Poodle
Date: August 25, 2005 04:59AM

I have a simple master-slave replication, but due to a sysadmin changing file permissions by mistake at the weekend, when it came to write a new binlog, the slave fell over.

when he reset the permissions, and restarted MySQL, he changed the master-log-position to a value which it is now apparent, was about 5 mins after the last entry in the slave, so we're missing about 76 transactions from the slave server.

If it was a simple case of copying across the missing records, it would be job-done, but there's too many related tables to make it this simple.

Is there any way I can recover a range of data, when I can't be 100% sure of the time or binlog position. OR, if I Can find out the binlog position when those entries were made?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that's had this problem.

The sysadmin who is now on holiday for a week, will get the kicking he so rightly deserves when he returns

thanks

a
Edit/Delete Message

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
replication missing data recovery help
August 25, 2005 04:59AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.