Re: How to deal with huge MYISAM corrupted table
Posted by: sandeep thakur
Date: February 14, 2013 01:07AM

Hello Rick,

Answers inline. Also I've posted my queries.

>>You say you run REPAIR TABLE frequently? The errors you have mentioned are not cured by REPAIR; is there some other symptom?

Yes, I've to repair table because it used to throw error "table-anme.MYD" file not found.
For repairing purpose I used to stop the Mysql server on prod server & after that I moved the data directory to another server & started the Mysql server there with prod server's data directory.
Started table repair operation on other server & then restored back the data on production server. In this process the table used to work fine, but after some time we used to get errors ""<table>.MYD" file not found error 13 ."

>> Do you kill mysqld? You should stop it gracefully; else MyISAM tables may need REPAIR.

No I didn't kill the Mysqld.

>> Switching to InnoDB may be the solution. It would take a lot more disk space.
As i've mentioned this is very huge table & we're not using any primary keys on this table. We're also storing the binary data in column having type as binary. So if we try to switch this table to innodb then should we need to add primary key as some integer value? & our table is growing so what if we use bigint ? will it cause any performance issue ?

Thanks,
Sandeep

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: How to deal with huge MYISAM corrupted table
February 14, 2013 01:07AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.