Re: Can the use of Ephemeral ports be disabled?
Posted by: Mark Blake
Date: April 09, 2014 01:15AM

Rick James Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> * Web servers -- These allow multiple 'users' to..

I will have to talk to my programmer about that, but he is on holidays for a while.

>Sitting there for more than 30 seconds without performing any SQL is sloppy.

Thats an interesting point. By design all our client applications maintain a constant or regular connection (like every 15 seconds).

As there is only 60 clients max, then its an insignificant load on the server, which is dedicated to mysql only.

> Dig into XOJO to see if they have some sort of
> connection pool that could add up to more than 150
> connections.

I don't think this is an issue, each client only creates/maintains one connection- except for the problem one - because of actions at their firewall.

> What's the cost of large/small values for max_connections and wait_timout?

I don't have any issue with either of these now. Initially the problem connection used up the max_connections and then other new clients couldn't connect. I have found the right balance now between the two, to deal with this 'problem child'. I could let it run this way for ever, but its not right :-)

I am still waiting for the remote site help desk to respond to my last update, I imagine that they will take their time.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Can the use of Ephemeral ports be disabled?
April 09, 2014 01:15AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.