Re: Memory usage increasing constantly
Posted by: Matteo Porru
Date: April 30, 2014 12:54AM

>> I have constantly around 150 alive connections
> Why do they need long-lived connections? Web applications, for example, connect, build a page, then disconnect.

Well this is a backend server for a very busy cluster of applications. Basically I have pooled connections to the DB. The producers open connections and release them to the pool when they are done. I have measured that I always have several parallel requests, and pooling speeds up a little bit connections creation (so faster queries). The pool (DBCP) auto-tunes a reasonable number of alive connections and it's usually around 100-150.

> Are you using MyISAM? Or InnoDB?
> These would be the main things to throttle to keep from swapping (in your case): innodb_buffer_pool_size = 3000M, max_connections = 1650

I'm using only InnoDB.
I thought I should have room for the 3GB of buffer_pool and the current connections, but maybe I'm forgetting something.
Note that the swap reaches even 4.5GB (well over the 3GB of the buffer_pool), then the performances worsen.

See in the following posts the queries you asked me after two days of run.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.