MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

MS server connect to MySQL (ODBC)
Posted by: Izabel Perez
Date: May 28, 2010 12:11PM

I just installed SQL Server 2008 R2. I added mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.6-win32.msi to connect to MySQL database. It is not working properly . Please help – what driver can be used?

- (VStudio 2008) when try to add/remove tables for DATA Source Views , I am getting an error

ERROR [42000] [MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver][mysqld-5.1.32-community-log]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[ fchclient]' at line 2 (myodbc5.dll)

- (VStudio 2008) when try to add ADO.NET with data access mode: table or view, I am getting an error :

TITLE: Microsoft Visual Studio
------------------------------

Error at Data Flow Task [ADO NET Source [1]]: The component "ADO NET Source" (1) was unable to retrieve column information for the SQL command. The following error occurred: ERROR [42000] [MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver][mysqld-5.1.32-community-log]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '"art"' at line 1

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Pipeline component has returned HRESULT error code 0xC02020FF from a method call. (Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSPipelineWrap)

BUTTONS:

OK

- (VStudio 2008) when try to add ADO.NET with data access mode: SQL command - is working.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MS server connect to MySQL (ODBC)
May 28, 2010 12:11PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.