MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

DataDirect driver manager, connect via odbc to a remote MySQL server
Posted by: Jens Kleinert
Date: April 18, 2007 09:54AM

I need help connecting to an remote MySQL Server by using MySQL Connect/ODBC with the DataDirect driver manager. Top level Application is an Notes/Domino Server using the LSX/LC interface to connect to several backend databases, as are MS-SQL-Server, Oracle and MySQL.
I've used such an config with Notes/Domino 6.5.x on an SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 with DataDirect driver manger v5.0 by installing the (SuSE delivered) libiodbc version of the MySQL Connect/ODBC version 2.50.... and it worked since about 2 years.
Now I try to upgrade to SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Notes/Domino 7.0x and the DataDirect driver manager v5.2 with the Oracle and MS-SQL drivers. SuSE ships now only unixODBC versions of MySQL Connect/ODBC, it wont play for me: The MySQL driver tries to connect to an local MySQL database, not to the remote one as declared in the odbc.ini file. Yust as described in the following technote from DataDirect: http://knowledgebase.datadirect.com/kbase.nsf/ce24d9443437511f85256e57006bfe2a/3427d1ffc1b493ed85256fb6007ee08b?OpenDocument
The workaround doesn't work for me, because the LSX/LC interface doesn't support this.
Error message is:
SQLSTATE = 08S01
NATIVE ERROR = 2002
MSG = [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

Here is the corresponding entry from the odbc.ini:
[myodbc]
Driver = /usr/lib/unixODBC/libmyodbc3.so
Description = MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver DSN
DSN = myodbc
SERVER = linuxs04.esag.net
PORT = 3306
USER = user
Password = password
Database = database
OPTION = 3

In addition I exported the ODBCINI Variable to point to the place of the odbc.ini file

On the other hand there is no way to get the DataDircet drivers for MS-SQL and Oracle running with the unixODBC driver manager.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
DataDirect driver manager, connect via odbc to a remote MySQL server
April 18, 2007 09:54AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.