MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

No transaction is active error with MySQL 8 64bit and ODBC 5.3.10 32bit
Posted by: Juha Nevamaki
Date: June 19, 2018 03:06AM

Hi,

I'm changing a handheld software made with MCL (a RAD tool) from file based system to directly getting the data from database. Customer is using MySQL. I have done previously to same customer one handheld software that fetches data from database but at that time, database was MS SQL Server. With MS SQL Server, there were no issues.

I have setup MySQL 8 (latest version) on my computer. MCL has a server software for data transfer called MCL-Net. That uses ODBC to connect to databaes. It did not work with 64bit ODBC so I installed 5.3.10 32bit ODBC drivers and I got the connection to MySQL working. I can connect to database from development environment (I can see the table and it's data) and from Excel (import all data from table to Excel) so connection via ODBC seems to be working.

But the problem is that when I add a SQL command in MCL to my application and put the SQL there (tested in MySQL that it returns correct data) and run the software in simulator, it always fails. In MCL log, it just says "No transaction is active." I have logging enabled in MCL, on ODBC and on MySQL but everywhere else, logging does not tell anything more. I have tried Googling that error but have not found anything that would help. I asked help from MCL support but they say that they can connect to MySQL without issues so this seems to be an issue with my configuration. Can anyone think of what could be the issue? I have not used MySQL before and I have not configured it expect put logging on and added my database and one table and imported test data from customer there.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
No transaction is active error with MySQL 8 64bit and ODBC 5.3.10 32bit
June 19, 2018 03:06AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.