MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

"Access Denied" when testing System DSN in iOBDC
Posted by: Karen x
Date: August 16, 2018 03:20PM

I am on a Mac and am trying to create a database using MySQL 8.0.12 and to connect my new database to LibreOffice Base.

I managed to successfully create a new database from the command line, and now I am trying to connect it via OBDC to LO Base.

I downloaded the latest OBDC connector (8.0.12), but I don't see this connector "live" in LibreOffice (it's not listed under my extensions) so I'm guessing there's more to do.

I then installed the iOBDC Administrator. I see that under System DSN, I have both a Unicode and an ANSI OBDC driver. When I select either one of these and click Test, I am asked for a username and password. Guessing that it wants "root" and the password I set up for that, that is what I input.

Unfortunately, I get an access denied error message. Clicking More brings up the following: SQL Status: HY000 Error code: 1045 �MySQL][ODBC 8.0(w) Driver]Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

What am I doing wrong? What do I need to do?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
"Access Denied" when testing System DSN in iOBDC
August 16, 2018 03:20PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.