MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

MySQL ODBC slow driver with windows 10
Posted by: Roberto Oliè
Date: September 26, 2018 01:39AM

Hi, is it known a problem of mysql or the related odbc driver with windows 10?
Let me explain: I have created an ASP site that accesses a db mysql. By accessing the on-line site, posted on a remote server with windows server 2008 R2 entreprise, the speed is more than acceptable.
The host is "localhost" because the database is on the same server as the site.
I HAVE THE SAME PERFORMANCES when I was running the same site IN LOCAL, using a PC with WINDOWS 7.
Now that I switched to a PC with WINDOWS 10, everything has changed: running the site locally, always with the db in local, the connection and the db queries are 4-5 times slower!
I repeat, same site performed on a remote web server with windows server 2008, everything is OK. I am going crazy!
The Web Server is always IIS, even if the versions are different, of course, of the remote server compared to my PC.
So, kindly, no one comes to tell me that asp, mysql and IIS are not performing! The online site is a bomb!
Now I have an even more respectable PC: AMD processor A 12, 12 GB Ram, Windows 10 Home: on the other hand, I repeat, the site online works very fast. It is performed locally which is slow!
I also installed the latest version of the MySQL ODBC driver, 8.0, but nothing.
Can someone help me? Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL ODBC slow driver with windows 10
September 26, 2018 01:39AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.