MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Error using SSL in Connector/ODBC. SSL works fine with Workbench.
Posted by: Michael K
Date: March 13, 2020 02:04PM

Hi, I am able to use the MySQL Connector/ODBC 8 for accessing data on my database, but when I try to enable SSL (by entering a value for SSL CA File) and click Test, I receive the error:
"Connection Failed
[MySQL][ODBC 8.0(w) Driver]SSL Connection error: error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate verify failed:"

I am able to connect fine with MySQL Workbench over SSL, with the same settings. I have verified it is SSL several ways.

I have used the previous versions of the ODBC connector for a long time with SSL. I recently moved our database to a new server, used new MySQL 8, made new users, etc. So I set up my access with Workbench again, works well. Then I tried installing the new Connector/ODBC 8 and making a new Data Source, but I receive the error above.

What is going wrong? Why does it work with Workbench but not the Connector/ODBC?

I wish I could upload some screenshots but looks like I can't so I will list out the relevant settings.

Client OS: Windows 10
MySQL server version: 8.0.19
MySQL Connector/ODBC version: 8.0.19
MySQL Workbench version: 6.3

Successful settings for SSL connection in Workbench:
Connection Method: Standard (TCP/IP)
Hostname: xx.yyy.95.21
Port: 3306
Username: michaelk, Password: ****
Use SSL: Require
SSL CA File: D:\...\ca-cert.pem

Successful settings for non-SSL connection in Connector/ODBC
TCP/IP Server: xx.yyy.95.21
Port: 3306
User: michaelk, Password: ****

Unsuccessful settings for SSL connection in Connector/ODBC
[Same as above]
SSL CA File: D:\...\ca-cert.pem

I have also tried adding the SSL Key (client key) and SSL Certificate (client cert) fields, but no luck.

Any help is appreciated

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.