MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

importing data dump from odbc local database
Posted by: Doug Barger
Date: April 04, 2020 08:21AM

i am attempting to create a database and used a sql data dump to import tables and data through odbc in vb.net. I am having allot of issues, Without going into detail about my problems, is there a way do do this at all or am I banging my head against a wall.
I am creating the database is no problem, it is when i attempt to load the data dump into a vb string(works ok) then try to pass it to the driver as a sql string. the following has helped but not solved my problem completely. i have set innodb_buffer_pool_size = 128k this got me past the error that disabled the connection, i then tried to add to my connection string no_ssps=1. no help but i was hoping this would allow multiple statements to be included in a single sql string, I am now getting this error "System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException
HResult=0x80131937
Message=ERROR [42000] [MySQL][ODBC 8.0(a) Driver][mysqld-8.0.19]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */;
/*!40101 SET @OLD_CO' at line 8"
Please help my client will need to get a new database every month. he does not know how to use the mysql workbench.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.