MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Cannot install driver
Posted by: Ellen Reddick
Date: April 28, 2020 05:08PM

I opened (on my laptop) a well established Access 365 db in the am. Later in the day I tried to open it again and received "odbc failed to connect" and the laptop had not been used in the interim. Tried another db that uses a different odbc location and it won't connect either. The same db still works on my desktop, and it uses the same odbc driver as the laptop (odbc connector 5.1.13). As you can see it was written long ago and has been distributed to users, so upgrading to later version of connector would have been difficult. I have tried everything I can think of--thorough virus check, etc. I have tried to reinstall that connector from the original msi and get the error:

Error 1918:Error installing ODBC driver MySQL 5.1 Driver, ODBC error 13. The setup routines for that driver could not be loaded due to system error code 126: The specified module could not be found. (C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\Connector ODBC 5.1\myodbc5S.dll). Verify that the file MySQL\Connector ODBC 5.1 Driver exists and that you can access it.

I have tried to reinstall the missing dll without success. Searches for remedy included installing c++ redistributables which didn't help. I can install later versions of the connector, but Access won't connect with them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Cannot install driver
April 28, 2020 05:08PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.