MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Correct way to compile myodbc connector 8.0.19
Posted by: Anand Subramanian
Date: August 04, 2020 10:03PM

Hi All,

Can someone please point me to the right way to compile the 8.0.19 connector, if I am to use my own compiled version of libmysqlclient.so

One thing I see, is that if I go to a build dir (say $HOME/build) and try to run cmake to point to the myodbc connector source dir, it does not build it in the build directory, but builds in the connector source dir itself.

Anyways, I cd into the source dir and try the following which works but it still fails in make as it cannot build libmysqlclient. I don't want to build libmysqlclient rather want it to be used from the supplied dir.

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/dir1 -DWITH_UNIXODBC=1 -DODBC_PATH=/usr/local/odbc -DODBC_LIB_DIR=/usr/local/odbc/lib -DODBC_INCLUDES=/usr/local/odbc/include -DDISABLE_GUI=1 -DMYSQL_LIB_DIR=/home/as/build-nosemantic/runtime_output_directory -DMYSQL_INCLUDE_DIR=/home/as/temp/tmp/usr/include/mysql -DMYSQLCLIENT_STATIC_LINKING:BOOL=false -DMYSQL_CLIENT_LIBS=libmysqlclient.so -DMYSQL_LIB=/home/as/build-nosemantic/runtime_output_directory -DMYSQL_CLIENT_LIBS=-lmysqlclient

Regards
Anand

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Correct way to compile myodbc connector 8.0.19
August 04, 2020 10:03PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.