MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

[ODBC 5.1 Driver]Can't initialize character set utf8mb4 (path:/usr/local/mysql/share/charsets/) {HY000,NativeErr = 2019}
Posted by: Yash Dave
Date: July 19, 2021 07:29PM

Hi everyone,

I have to setup Oracle Database link from Oracle 10g DB on AIX v5.3 to a MySQL v5.7.33 Community Server Edition instance on RHEL 7.7 using unixODBC and MySQL Connector/ODBC v5.1.8.

Oracle DB is 10g running on AIX where I have unixODBC v2.3.0 and MySQL v5.1.8 installed as per Oracle note (and since that is the last available unixODBC and MySQL connector compiled package for AIX 5.3 64-bit)

I got the Oracle database link working. I am able to connect from within Oracle database sqlplus via database link to the Mysql db, but I am only able to query numeric and number like (datetime) columns, not the character data.

Oracle DB character set is AL32UTF8
MySQL DB character set is utf8

===
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-28500: connection from ORACLE to a non-Oracle system returned this message:

[unixODBC][MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver]Can't initialize character set utf8mb4 (path:

/usr/local/mysql/share/charsets/) {HY000,NativeErr = 2019}

ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from DEFAULT_ALERTNOTIFICATION

===

On my Oracle DB server with unixODBC and MySQL connector/ODBC, I found that /usr/local/mysql directory doesn't have any files for character sets.
Would any one know what did I not install correctly?

If I need to compile a package, what package can help me bring the required files in /usr/local/mysql?

Tried following in my odbc.ini DSN entry, but can't get character data queried.
CHARSET=utf8
CHARSET=latin1
CHARSET=utf8mb4

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.