MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Proxy or relay or gateway for ODBC Connector
Posted by: marcrbarker Barker
Date: August 21, 2021 08:32AM

Hi I'm new. I tried to search for an answer in the forum but I get overloaded with too many irrelavent results quoting whatever search words I use somewhere in the text. Using more specific keywords is impossible because I don't know what it's called I'm looking for.

I've a managed MySQL DB running on a shared hosting server. Mobile devices connect fine via a SSL webapp and they read and write the MySQL DB through PHP scripts which run on the same SH server.

I also have a Windows MS-Access client (the original database client) which also reads and writes to the MySQL DB via a ODBC connector though port 3306. (I believe non-SSL) This works fine too no problems and access is limited to fixed IP4 address(es).

This is what I'm looking for: I want to host a "proxy/relay/gateway/router" of some kind (on a fixed IP address I control) to work as an intermediary between the above MySQL server and an additional MS-Access client (identical except has DYNAMIC IP address). This whatever it's called does a kind of IP address translation because the second client has a dynamic IP address.

What is this 'proxy/relay/gateway' called?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.