MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Re: test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider.Catastrophic failure
Posted by: Nena Wong
Date: April 04, 2006 11:08PM

Teleforms software installed on OS Microsoft XP. Teleforms has two database connections; one is a local database connection and the other is a remote database connection. If these database connections are successfully connected, Teleforms will work.

After upgrading MySQL ODBC Drive to version 3.51.12 then tested the Connector/ODBC. I got Success; connection was made! It was a successful ODBC connection to MySQL server.

When testing the local database connection, connection successful made.
When testing the remote database connection, I got the following error.
Microsft Data Link Error: Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provide. Catastrophic failure. Teleforms is not working.

I do not know why the remote database connection failed to connect to ODBC connection to MySQL server.

Please advise what to.

Finally I got the problem fixed by unstalling MySQL ODBC 3.51.12 then installed MySQL ODBC 3.51.11 and updated TELEFORMS software.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2006 04:15PM by Nena Wong.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.