MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

mysql odbc 3.51.27 driver for windows server 2008 64bit
Posted by: Michael Lloyd Mendoza
Date: October 24, 2009 10:45AM

Hi everyone,
I would like to seek some help as I've installed odbc 3.51.27 driver in our windows server 2008 64bit but seems to have problem. I've downloaded & installed the driver mysql-connector-odbc-noinstall-3.51.27-winx64.zip

Under %systemroot%\Windows\System32\Odbcad32.exe or when I ran the Data Sources (ODBC) from control panel, it shows the driver & i can successfully configure data sources connection (system dsn).

But under %systemroot%\Windows\SysWoW64\Odbcad32.exe, there's an error when i configure the connection using the driver, exact error msg as per below:
---------------------------
Microsoft ODBC Administrator
The setup routines for the MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 193.
OK

Driver's ConfigDSN, ConfigDriver, or ConfigTranslator failed
Errors Found:

Could not load the setup or translator library
OK

Our application running into this machine hits an error as it is connecting to a mysql DB using 3.51 driver. And, as it is a 64bit OS, i believed that driver's used is redirected to sysWOW64 folder which happens to have a error when configuring the connection.

Any inputs on how to resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.
I'm aware that there's a new version, 5.1, but I/we prefer to stick to this driver version (3.51) for some programming constraints & compatibility reasons in our application system.

Thanks again.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
mysql odbc 3.51.27 driver for windows server 2008 64bit
October 24, 2009 10:45AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.