MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Connector/ODBC

Re: Database Connection to mysql from asp
Posted by: Barry Galbraith
Date: October 16, 2010 05:32AM

I'll take a stab at it. It's been a while since I used vbscript (on a .asp page) to connect to MySQL.

The MySQL_STRING is exactly as I used it (but I had the old ODBC 3.51 driver, I've changed the name for the new driver)
Everthing else is just as I used it. User, password, and dbname will need to be adjusted to your use.

)<%
Dim MySQL_STRING
MySQL_STRING = "Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver}; Server=localhost; Port=3306; Option=2; Socket=; Stmt=; Database=dbname; Uid=user; Pwd=password;"

dim adoConn
dim adoRS

dim col1
dim col2

set adoConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
set adoRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
adoConn.Open MySQL_STRING
adoRS.ActiveConnection = adoConn

adoRS.Source = "SELECT col1, col2 from mytable where id = 1"  'here's your SQL query
    adoRS.CursorLocation = 3 'adUseClient
    adoRS.Open
 if (adoRS.RecordCount < 1) then
     ' no records
else ' there is at least one record
    col1 = adoRS.Fields("col1")
    col2 = adoRS.Fields("col2")
end if

adoRS.Close
set adoRS = nothing
adoConn.Close
set adoConn = nothing

%>

You get the idea?

Your database will need to be on a MySQL server where your website can access it, usually the same place as where your website is hosted (localhost).

If your MySQL is on a different host, then you'll need to change the hostname from 'localhost' to 'whatever.com' and the Mysql database will need to allow connections from your mysql user@your.webhost.com.

For info on how to use vbscript, search the microsoft website for VBscript user guide, in particular ADO.

Good luck,
Barry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2010 05:34AM by Barry Galbraith.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Database Connection to mysql from asp
October 16, 2010 05:32AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.